My notes touch on:
- Greek's linguistic sources in other cultures.
- A history of pitch accents in Greek.
- The Septuagint translation (into Greek)'s impact on (Greek) vocabulary and modes of expression.
- Linguistic and stylistic currents (from the Septuagint and Aramaic) in the New Testament.
- A comparison of Plato with the (Greek) New Testament, regarding each's linguistic impact.
- Greek and English linguistic histories compared.
- Linguistic change depends upon political and social development.
Copyright (c) 2015 Mark D. Blackwell.